Numfield - Joe Hubers Strategies
Joe Huber has been a prolific source of new strategies for numfield. This page only contains his strategies for you to watch.
In the bottom you can find Joes Comments on some of his strategies .
To highlight a strategy either click in the Applet as described before or click on the strategy in the table.
Joe commented the following about his strategies:
- Calm: bid one more than the lowest (other) bid from last turn
- PlusOne: bid one more than the highest (other) bid from last turn, then take one turn off
- LeadWatch: bid one more than the leader bid last turn
- SomeOne: combination of Nihilist, Calm, and LeadWatch
- Storm: assume everyone will bid one more; make the best bid, given that (IMHO, Storm is perhaps the most remarkable strategy I've written, in that with _no_ memory it competes effectively.)
- PlayItSafe: similar to storm, but assume that the best bid is the one with the greatest payoff/risk
- Ohio: determine what the best bid was the turn after the leader last made it's current bid, and bid it
- BlueStreak: LeadWatch, but bids one more than what it expects the leader to bid
- PseudoRandom12: roll a D12; if I think that bid will make money, bid it, otherwise re-roll
- Tsilihin: bid one if I think that bid will make money; otherwise bid zero
- Opus: determine what everyone will bid next turn, and find the best bid for that situation
- Rosebud: keep track of the best bids given various total pots available; bid that
- Vizzini: much like a four-turn Shark, but then use the best bid from the last time I thought X would be the best bid
Some of the source codes of Joes strategies can be found at the Source Code Pages .